Friday, February 15, 2008

The Weekend Wenlan



Sometimes you need a dress that you can move in. A comfy little number that you can throw on and feel cute and just be done with it. That's how I feel about this Wenlan dress. It's perfect for weekends and just hanging around...



It was pretty simple to extend the length of the dress and eliminate the collar. I even added pockets but sewed them in a bit too low. Of course, I was making the dress last minute so my option was to have funny pockets, or no pockets. I hurried up and removed them so I could get out the door on time, annoyed at myself for not measuring correctly. You think I'd learn one of these days...



I'm usually more of a fitted dress person myself, so depending, you may want a more fitted version of this pattern. Kathleen did a fitted dress and Novita did one similar to this version. There are also a couple with exterior pockets and ruffles. I love basic patterns that you can do so much to.



*images via BurdaStyle, users Grosgrain and VeryPurplePerson


The dress is super comfy and quick to sew. I used a light wool suiting I picked up at an outlet in Minnesota over the summer and only ended up paying about $4.50/yd! I think it would be nice in a voille for late spring or summer, as well...so you might see a few more of these. I'd love to have a budget for some Liberty prints!

Go make yourself a 'happy weekend' dress!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.