These felt caramel apples are so fun to make. You can embellish them with just about anything and come out with a different treat each time!
Click here to download the template and get started.
these materials will make one caramel apple
1-12x18 sheet of red felt
1-12x18 sheet of beige felt
1 scrap of ivory felt
wood craft stick
red embroidery thread
beige embroidery thread
1. Cut 6 wedges of red felt and 6 wedges of beige felt.
2. Match the like colors in pairs. Sew from point to point with 1/4" seam allowance, taking into account the seam allowance at each point. This is important to keep the points lined up in the finished product.
3. After you have sewn three pairs of the apple, sew two of the pairs together. Then sew on the last edge to close the apple shut. Leave a 1 1/2" opening to turn right side out.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make the caramel.
5. Stuff the apple and blind stitch the opening shut.
6. Cut a small circle at the top of the caramel.
7. Carefully put the apple into the caramel.
8. Blind stitch the opening closed in the caramel and then attach it using a blanket stitch.
9. Cut out two stick templates of ivory felt. Glue a craft stick in between and sew around the perimeter with a blanket stitch.
10. Cut a small opening in the top of the apple, a bit smaller than the craft stick. Insert the stick and sew around the opening, attaching the stick to the apple.
11. The caramel apple is now finished! You can decorate them any way you like, even making chocolate covered apples for a fun treat!
Click here to find out how to make the caramel apple cupcakes!