Friday, November 19, 2010

Wrapped Up in Books::BurdaStyle A-Plus A Line Skirt

About a month ago, I had a short break in my schedule and was finally able to work with some of the fabric I bought in Minnesota. Having no exact project in mind at the time, I decided to browse Burda for some skirt patterns. I wanted something that could handle a heavier fabric, was no too short and not too long. I still wanted something I could wear through Wisconsin cold winters-paired with cute tights or leggings, of course!



The A-Plus A Line had those characteristics, plus, it was free! I printed it out, cut into my tweed and had a beautiful skirt a few hours later. I chose to line the skirt with a butterscotch colored lining. I think it's fun to have accents on the interior as well!



The result was scholarly, with the plaid and pleats. I wish I had a bike with a basket to put these books in and ride around. However, it would have to be about twenty degrees warmer to not freeze this time of year!




1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I made this skirt a few weeks (or months?) ago in a pink stretch cotton. Love your fall/winter version.

    ReplyDelete

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.