Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Valentine Candy Heart Pillows Tutorial with Free Pattern







I think the Valentine candy hearts are one of the most sweetest candies. I love the colors and the messages...but am not very fond of the taste.

I thought pillows would be a fun way to incorporate the candy into my house without having to eat them!



Materials:
1/2 yd. of fleece per color you choose
1 sheet of red felt
Stuffing
Heart Pillow Template

Supplies:
Sewing Thread
Scissors
Sewing Machine
Needle
Ruler



1. Begin by cutting out your hearts. Use the template provided to cut out 2 hearts per pillow. Cut out a rectangle measured at 3" x 40" for each pillow.

2. Cut out your text. I used a basic font on my computer and then traced the letters onto the felt.



3. Sew the messages on each pillow top. Carefully pin the letters so they don't shift too much.



4. With right sides together, sew the rectangle end together with 1/4" seams.

5. With right sides together, sew the loop you just made to the pillow top with 1/4" seams.

6. Sew the back of the pillow onto the loop, right sides together, with 1/4" seams. Make sure to leave a 3" opening to turn the pillow out.



7. Clip the curved parts of the heart and turn the pillow right side out. Smooth the seams and then stuff the pillow to your desired fullness.

8. Using a blind stitch, sew the opening closed. Repeat this process to finish as many pillows as you like!

Share your pillows in the Baked Goods Flickr Group!


14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these. I really want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Here in England, Valentine's day isn't a huge deal but I think these cushions would look lovely all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect I am going to link to this!!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh those are so much fun! Thanks for the great tutorial- I'll be linking to this. Happy Upcoming Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are brilliant, thanks so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracias por compartir el tutorial de los corazones. Saludos desde México.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for this beautiful pillow. i mention it on my blog. i hope it's okay that i'm using your picture?

    http://lieblingssofa.blogspot.com/2011/02/love-is-in-air.html

    greetings from silva

    ReplyDelete
  8. o/
    Oiii!
    Amei!
    Mas,omolde não abre...dáerro!
    o/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this! Your blog is SUPER cute : ) I reblogged part of this post on my site, but made sure visitors had to come here for the rest of the steps. I hope you don't mind!

    Take care,
    Haley
    www.icecreamandpizza.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. can someone pleeeaaase help me! I don't understand steps 4, 5 and 6 with all the loopy stuff!!! Im a beginner but I really want to make these!!! thnx! xxxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful....and I totally agree! I love the colors and the messages but not the taste. :) I use to sew a long time ago but I think I might try these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.