Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet Tooth Sunday::Peanut Butter Cookies



I recently made a dress that reminded me of chewy peanut butter cookies and an ice cold glass of milk. The whole day I wore the dress, I couldn't stop thinking about making these cookies. So, I did.



Actually, by the time I did, I was in such a mood for peanut butter cookies that I made them three kinds of ways. Peanut butter thumbprint cookies with nutella, peanut butter cookies with homemade strawberry jam and old fashioned peanut butter cookies. Yum!



Follow on for a recipe with step by step photos, but I must mention the fabulous orange counter tops that we inherited in this new house. (there is a bit of sarcasm there.) I've made peace with them though...I've decided to compliment them with Kitschy Digitals to make everything pleasing to you!

Peanut Butter Cookies:
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda




1. Beat the butter, then cream the peanut butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time,
beating well.




2. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda). Slowly add to the batter and mix to combine. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.



3. Roll the dough into 1" balls and place on a parchment lined sheet. For thumbprint cookies, press your thumb into the middle before baking. For old fashioned cookies, make a criss cross with your fork.

4. Place in a preheated 375° oven for about 7 mins. Remove the sheet from the oven and let the cookies rest for another 4 minutes or so. Letting them bake the rest of the way out of the oven will give you a softer cookie.

5. After the cookies have cooled, you can top them with jam or nutella.

3 comments:

  1. These look good! I baked peanut butter cookies with my friend the other day, and they got eaten pretty fast but they were a little dry. I think I'll be trying this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Never thought to top them with jam and/or nutella. This could be dangerous! I'm already eating nutella by the spoonful. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making these today! I told my hubby to pick up some milk on his way home from work because we are having pb cookies!
    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.