Monday, April 4, 2011

When Worlds Collide

I touched on this a bit before, but sewing was always just a hobby of mine. A hobby turned temporary career while my children were young. My passion lies in design and architecture, though, I must say.



While browsing around on Frame the other day, I found this exhibit that seemed to have slipped past me. It was a recent exhibition in Brazil by Estudio Guto Requena. The main intent was to encourage discourse about technology and fashion, and where the two intersect. "Featuring a number of pieces that represent a revolt towards traditional materials and techniques, the exhibition also housed areas where visitors could learn about basic programming notions, circuits and interactive clothing."



By use of interactive, digital architecture, patrons are invited to experience elements from
apparently distinct universes: organic and machines, analog and digital, natural and artificial,
concrete and virtual.




images via fran parente

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.