Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Allegra's New Blankie::Handmade Beginnings


Allegra is a very special member of this family;  she is Aeris's most prized possession, her bff. She gets prime seating at the fanciest tea parties, and a spot right next to Aeris on her pillow at night. 


When I was looking for a special gift to make for Aeris, I thought this project in Anna Maria Horner's book Handmade Beginnings would be perfect.  This strip baby doll quilt went together quite easily. 


I got a bundle of Folksy Flannel fat quarters and pieced the quilt together in a short amount of time.  Aeris loves the ease of sliding Allegra in and out of the pocket, swaddling her up for a cat nap. 

If you're new to quilting, I recommend this style.  It quilts as you go, and the strips are all varying widths, so the room for error is farily large.  You just have to sew in a straight line, and using your presser foot as a guide, really isn't as hard as it may seem!

Now, if only I could find the time to make a large version for myself-minus the swaddling pocket, of course.





2 comments:

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.