Friday, September 30, 2011

and...i'm off!




My 5k is this weekend, you guys!  If you remember, i started running about nine weeks ago with my goal being a 5k.  I've done pretty well keeping up with my training, except for one rough week with moving.

Source: bing.com via Mindy on Pinterest


My new neighborhood has a lot of hills, which set me back a bit.  In my previous route, there was only one large hill at the end of my race that I had to run up.  Now, there are a lot of small hills throughout my course.  I hardly notice them now, but at the beginning, they sure wore me out.  It didn't help that I went about three days in between my first run after moving, and was sore from moving things back and forth. 

It's getting tricky to schedule runs in now.  I want to keep going and run a 10k turkey trot but that means I need to alott more time for running, and at the pace I'm going, about an hr.  It doesn't get light until about 6:30/6:45am and there are no street lights in my subdivision.  I think I'm going to have to break down and get a gym membership but I really hate the treadmill.  With the kids home, and Jason at work, running during daylight is not much of an option as winter approaches.

Anyhow...we're going back to Chicago tomorrow so wish me luck!  With it being the beginning of marathon season, three miles does not seem like very much at all...but I never imagined myself running more than the mandatory mile in high school gym class, and that was even 16mins, half walking.  so...go me!

Have a great weekend, you guys!

Source: google.com.au via Leah on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.