Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fabric Wrapped Hangers Tutorial


When I made the Oliver and S Hopscotch Dress for Aeris, I wanted something a bit fancier to hang it on, and for some reason have gone five years without purchasing cute children's hangers.  Wanting something quick, I grabbed my scrap bag.



I ironed out the scraps and cut them into half inch widths.  Using a dab of hot glue to secure the end, I simply wrapped it around the hanger until the fabric ran out, or I came to an end of the hanger.  I found it worked best if I restarted a strip of fabric to cover the tip, then wrap around the hanger each time.


To finish this particular hanger, I cut out a little monogram from felt and made a large felt yo-yo to cover the center.  I made all three hangers in less than thirty minutes.  Such a fun little project!



linking up with these ladies! Sew Much Ado, Blue Cricket Design,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.