Sunday, October 3, 2010

Busy Mama, Easy Crafting




Holidays are beginning in Etsy Land. In addition, I'm looking into doing some shows this winter so production is in full swing here at Sweetie Pie Bakery. Also in high demand are two youngins with a need to create!




Making new crayons from old is not a new concept, but it's a great one. Quick. Easy. Fun!

I broke the crayons up into more manageable pieces, and the kids put them into the molds making the puzzle crayons of their dreams.

Into the oven at 300 for about 15 minutes and voila! Let them cool before you pop them out of the molds because these puppies are hot!

The kids had a fun time coloring, stacking, sorting, puzzling (is that the verb for puzzle?), and of course, fighting over that darned green crayon! Always need two of something around here...but then, what would we fight about?




3 comments:

  1. I love the puzzle pieces - our family enjoys jigsaw puzzles and I'd really like to get a mold like that - to use for crafts or food.
    Do you remember where you got it?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with MelissaD and her comment, where did you find such a cute mold?

    I love referbing crayons!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The molds were ice cube trays I got at IKEA about three years ago. I don't think they stock them anymore though...

    ReplyDelete

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.