Two days after Christmas, I was in the mood for the next holiday. I LOVE decorating for holidays, and Valentine's Day is no exception. I love the reds and the pinks and the sparkles and on and on.
So, like I said, it didn't take me any time to get going on a new project. With the Christmas tree still up, I went ahead and started this bunting of sorts. Honestly, I'm confused over the whole bunting/banner nonsense. Are the words interchangeable? Is bunting the flags? Can someone educate me? Does it really matter all that much? It's a crafty thing of hanging sorts...
Each letter is reverse appliqued onto a piece of felt, and then sewn into a little pillow with a loop. All the loops are hung on a long strand of yarn and then hung up to be admired by you and mocked at by your husband (at least mine does....he's not much for the holiday decorations)
For this project you'll need:
1/4 yd white felt
scraps of red/pink fabric
white embroidery floss
red embroidery floss
pink embroidery floss
red chunky yarn
template provided here
1. Cut out 14 rectangles of white felt from the block template provided.
2. Using a fabric marker, trace the letter B onto one of the block templates and then cut out.
3. Place a scrap of fabric behind the opening. Using your embroidery floss stitch around the perimeter of the letter, making sure to secure the fabric to the felt.
4. Then place the B block with attached fabric wrong sides together with a solid white block.
5. Using two strands of white embroidery floss, blanket stitch around the perimeter of the block. When you get to the top, sew a loop of red yard securely to the middle. Leave a small opening to add stuffing to the pillow, then close the pillow shut.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 to the rest of the letters and heart template.
7. Hang all of the pillows on a long strand of yarn and hang it wherever you like! I chose to accent mine with some pompoms I made out of leftover red yarn. You can find a tutorial on that here.