Monday, November 14, 2011

Flowers and Peanuts

Have you guys seen the 20/20 home cure on Apartment Therapy?  What do you think?  Are you participating?


I found a link to it while I was in bed on Flipboard the other night and just started.  I usually try to run around cleaning up after the kids all day, and nothing seems to feel accomplished.  Like all of the rooms just feel partially cleaned, and I'm left defeated.  I love having goals, so I decided to give this a try.  
I'm actually having a lot of fun with it.  And I feel a bit more relaxed with the kid's messes during the day, and more strict about them cleaning them at night.  I really love how on some days, the only job is to buy flowers.  Brilliant.  I really love having fresh flowers in the house, and my daughter loves having a bit of them in her bedroom.  I suppose it makes her feel grown up  to have a little vase on the dresser.  


I also started sewing a little something for a new baby that is on the way as.I.type.this.  I'm waiting until he's here to get the family in motion but I wanted to make a little something.  I sewed a beautiful quilt for him about a month ago, but was so rushed with getting to the baby shower that I forgot to take photos.  I'll get some from his mommy for you...


Anyhow,  this little peanut.  I love this book and got it years ago, but have never found an opportunity to make this elephant.  I had a lot of minkie fabric on the shelf, and thought that it would be so soft for the baby.  

That said, I better get back to sewing it.  Those babies are so unpredictable!

What have you been up to this weekend?




1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of the 20/20 cure but it sounds awesome. I wish they had the info in text format too b/c I can't always watch videos. I have been kind of following along with Creative Organizing's getting your home ready for the holidays in 28 days. Each day there's a new challenge like cleaning your light fixtures and cleaning out the fridge. Some days I can do it right away and others are more involved. . . . I also did a little bit of sewing last week. :)

    Can't wait to see your elephant!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.