Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Little Black Dress...for Everyday Mommy Things


It's been a while since I've sewed for myself, and boy am I glad I did!  I love making new things to  wear.  I love the feeling of accomplishment and wearing something cute when I got out.  I especially love when I get compliments like, "That's a nice dress.  Where did you get it?"  And I get to respond that I made it.  I think that is all sorts of fun and a great compliment.  I remember when I first started wearing clothes that I had made myself in public thinking, "Oh no, everyone is going to know I made this!"  Like it was a bad thing...

So...back to this dress.  I needed something I could mix and match with everything and anything.  My initial idea was something black with a slip peeking out underneath.   I  scrapped that idea and just went with all black. This pattern is the same one I used here.  I made it short sleeved this time.  I had to take in the sleeves quite a bit, and am still not really happy with how they turned out...



Today, I paired it with this ballet pink cardi that I made.  It was originally this sweater that I never wore.  It fit weird in the hips but I spent a ton on it and it was so soft.  My favorite part about it were the satin elbow pads-so cute!  Finally, I took some scissors to it and turned it into a cardigan.  I love it!


This dress is great for me to wear every day.  I can layer it with belts, cardigans, statement necklaces...whatever! 

Miss Aeris was a bit disappointed she missed the photo shoot, so we needed to do a few quick ones!


3 comments:

  1. Love the dress and the cardi and that you get to tell everyone you made them. :) It really is a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress! You are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely dress, I wish I looked as chic as this everyday!!

    ReplyDelete

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.