Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Clutch


I've been busy working on a pattern for this clutch.  It's a nice size.  It's big enough for phone, sunglasses, lipstick, wallet, and too small for a sippy cup and goldfish crackers-perfect!  Sometimes, when you don't have the kids around, you don't want to find graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of your purse as you pay your portion of the bill on ladies night.  Ha. Like I know what that is even about.

The fact that I even designed this purse, and so girly, is funny to my 15yr old self.  The former, Ani Difranco worshiping me would not carry a purse.  Why? All I needed was my wallet....on a CHAIN.  I was a pretty cool feminist back in the day.  Not that I'm not for feminism now... I digress...


Funny story, when my husband and I went on our first date, he opened the door for me at a restaurant and I got all, "What?  Because I have a vagina you don't think I can open my own door?!"  He still holds doors open for me, even my car door after we've piled the kids in the back.  I find it chivalrous and romantic now.  I'm old and soft, guys.



3 comments:

  1. That clutch is too cute!!! And good for your husband!!! Too few men know how to be MEN! I never invested much in that part of feminism, I figure, "If I'm with a guy I like, I want him to treat me like a lady." Now, in other areas, like work, I have never had a problem letting the dudes know I'm not one to be coddled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this clutch is adorable!!! the colors are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i could sew
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.