Is this the post you've been waiting for? Thank you so much for reading about the process of making this dress!
The concept: My friend wanted a 1950s style dress. Tea length is what she told me. You can read more about that here. I really wanted to create something for her that made her feel like a princess. It is so important for a girl to feel the most beautiful as she has ever felt, on her wedding day. (I think I succeeded in that.
The process: I created this dress for her using a v-neck bodice, mid drift panel and rouched waist band. The skirt was gathered with bias strip flowers. For each flower, I cut a bias strip, gathered it, pressed it, then formed the flower working concentrically, from the outside in. I pinned the outer shape and sewed down the center of the bias strip on the machine. After the entire skirt was covered, I gathered the skirt and attached it to the waist to finish the dress. After I put the zipper in, I went in and added the few in the back that were near the zipper. I didn't want there to be a seam in the flowers so for those, I had to attach them by hand. Yes, they took a long long time, but very worth it. I would do it again. I really love this dress.
Congrats to the happy couple!