Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Homemaking-Dishtowels




I sew for other people-alot.  A few weeks ago when a friend of mine was putting together a beautiful housewarming basket for someone, I decided I'd sew along with her, but for myself. 
 

 One of my favorite projects are these dishtowels from Sandi Henderson's book, Sewing Bits and Pieces.  I dug through my scrap bag and created these two towels for my kitchen. 

I chose to put them on nice plush towels (only $3 from Target!) and sewed the embellishments on.  What I love most about this project is the fact that the applique edges are left raw.  This makes them quick and I like that.  After a round in the washer, they're good to go!



And because they are so quick to make and on nice plush towels, we use them every day.  They aren't fancy don't dry your hands on these! towels, but real hey i'm making you awesome risotto and need to throw this towel over my shoulder while i cook! towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.