Friday, July 6, 2012

Budding Artists


I never used to let my kids play with markers.  It wasn't the mess that turned me off so much as the dried up markers!  I hate when they don't put caps on all of the way and they get dry, or even worse-mismatched caps and markers!  Yes, that is worse than a dry marker.

Well, the other day I needed something to occupy little ones and reinvigorate some creativity in them.  I remembered a pack of washable markers we had in the art bin in the back of a closet.  I dug them out, put them in a fancy little bucket ($1 bin at Target!) and handed them a stack of computer paper! 



The kids have been really enjoying themselves.  My fridge is covered in artwork, their hands are nearly blue and grey from all the colors bleeding together, but you know what? It's fine!  I'm toally fine with it.  They are so proud of their finished projects and I really love hearing them explain their drawing to me.


 Also, they're old enough to match the caps with the markers and put them all the way on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.