Thursday, May 6, 2010

Taylor Swift Acoustic Guitar Birthday Cake




Thank you, for the Taylor Swift inspiration!

My cousin turned 12 for her birthday and is really in love with Taylor Swift.



After putting the kids to bed, my kitchen transformed into a bakery. Black dye and fondant and sprinkles everywhere!


I think the cake turned out really lovely though.



I intended on the top being a bit more iridescent than it turned out, however, my local craft store was only able to provide this effect with all of the silver sparkle on the shelf.

I'm working on a couple more cakes for some family in the next week and finishing up patterns so life is about to get a lot more free and exciting around here!

I'm so excited to get my hands on this and start using this! I haven't even let myself order the book yet-I just know it would lead to being very unproductive!

Fondant cakes are intimidating, but this is only my third one and I don't think it looks too shabby!






4 comments:

  1. Awesome job! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! You did a great a job!! I bet she flipped out when she saw it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake is beautiful!!! How did you make the neck of the guitar? Is that cake as well?

    ReplyDelete

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.